ICY AND SOT - LET HER BE FREE (2016)
ICY (born 1985) and SOT (born 1991) are two brothers from Tabriz, Iran who, since 2006, have become leaders in the Iranian urban art culture as both skaters and stencil artists. In a very short period of time they created international notoriety, playing it any way but safe by placing their works in the streets of Tehran and Tabriz. Friends abroad also put up stencils and paste-ups in Turkey, France and Brasil, to name but a few.
Good to know:
* Icy and Sot have moved from Tabriz (Iran) to New York in 2012
* They have a massive fanbase on Facebook (25000 followers) and Instagram (26000 followers)
* Icy and Sot have exhibited all over the world, from Amsterdam to Berlin and from New York to Los Angeles
* Let Her Be Free is their first monograph, with a foreword by Jess X Chen and an afterword by Steven P. Harrington and Jaime Rojo (Brooklyn Street Art)
* Launch exhibition in New York in july 2016